Daily Archives: January 8, 2016
Posted by ravenstpierre
“Delivered” will be here a little sooner than expected 🙂 I’ve decided to release the book January 11th, which is a week ahead of schedule. Feedback from the advanced copies I issued has been really positive, so I’m comfortable sharing it early. I hope you all enjoy it as much as the ARC recipients have!!!
Now on to the fun stuff 😀
Whenever I release a new book I like to do a “Behind the Scenes” post to share a few facts with you all and also give you insight into the characters. Angel and Kai were so much fun to write, but there were definitely some challenges, so here goes!
- Character ages: Kai is 34 and Angel is 29.
- Setting: The story takes place in New York City, which is where Sam and AJ’s story left off.
- While we’re on the subject of Sam and AJ, yes, they will definitely be present in this book. Quite a few people have asked and I love that these two characters have stuck with you all the way they have! With Sam and Angel being so close, and with Angel now working in AJ’s office, there will definitely be some crossover. There is still no need to have read the other books in the series to follow this one. It’s a true standalone.
- Kai’s nationality: Japanese and Thai. He speaks both just as fluently as he speaks English.
- I originally started this story in early 2015 and wasn’t excited about the direction it was going in at all, so I scrapped it and started over this summer. I’ve learned not to be “married” to a draft of ANYTHING because sometimes you have to jump ship if it doesn’t feel right. It hurts less if you don’t let yourself get too attached. In the end, I was MUCH happier with the story and am glad I was able to let go of the original 😀 (Random fact: I did the same thing with Free Falling books 2 and 3 and can’t imagine what the series would’ve turned into if I hadn’t lol. Moral of the story? Trust your gut.)
- What’s next from me? “Marco”, which will be released April 4th, so mark your calendar! Find out more about his and Brynn’s story on their inspiration board. There’s a special sneak peek of this book at the end of “Delivered” as well as something special from my good friend, Michelle Hardin 🙂 You can add “Marco” on goodreads today and check out the blurb while you’re there 😀 !
Anything else you want to know about “Delivered” or the other books in “The Free Falling Series“? Ask and I’ll answer 🙂 Take care and be on the lookout for Angel & Kai Monday, January 11th!!
If you missed the trailer or haven’t seen my inspirations for Angel & Kai, check them out below!
❤ BLURB ❤
There were three simple rules:
Don’t fall in love.
They followed them all… except one.
Kai carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, always putting the needs of others before his own. Angel is almost thirty and finds herself starting over in more ways than one. Both sought an outlet, a no-strings-attached arrangement to escape reality, but what happens when that fantasy becomes the realest thing they’ve ever felt?
*** DELIVERED is a standalone romance within the Free Falling Series and features secondary characters from the saga. This book can be read out of sequence of the series***